Monday, September 27, 2010

I just can't seem to Flickr it out...


Abigail
Originally uploaded by P Wenger

After fiddling on Flickr, I'm frustrated.  I was able to upload photos into my photostream, but now what?  Sets, galleries....BLAH!  I just want to make an album that I can post on my blog! I need a tutor!

Well, unless I'm totally out to lunch, I cannot (for the life of me) post a set of photos from Flickr.  It is allowing me to post individual pictures, but I would really like to be able to post a full album of my creative stepping stone paintings.  *Sigh!  This is a major downfall for me in using Flickr.

I can see how the Creative Commons on Flickr would be useful for classroom, but I'm starting to think that playing around on Shutterfly was much more enjoyable and simple enough for kids to create!  I had confidently constructed my own web page within minutes with albums of photos and attached the albums to this blog in a single click without soliciting Google, my husband or a classmate to help.  I DID IT ON MY OWN!!!!  See it here.

Now, here I am (several days later) still frustrated with Flickr...10 photos uploaded and no albums to speak of.  One photo attached to blog, several clicks on HELP, frantic Google searches and my husband at my side.  User friendly...I THINK NOT. 

If I'm going to use a photo sharing program in the classroom, I need one that is simple to model and easy for students to follow.  Shutterfly may not have as many capabilities as the other option, but it's something I can handle with confidence.

When will I ever Flickr it out?

1 comment: