Welcome to my first-ever blog! I hope to maintain this blog as an educational tool for myself and others in my professional field. I look forward to posting on the following topics:
1) Photosharing
2) Videosharing
3) Social Bookmarking
4) Podcasting
5) Wikis
6) Presentation/Multimedia Sharing
7) Social Networking
8) Twitter
9) Blogs, Blogging for PD and RSS
First thing's first....Why did I choose Blogger as the platform for my blog?
Using Facebook, I set up a status saying:
"needs to start blogging for my class. What do you recommend? Blogger, Blogspot, Wordpress? HELLLLLPPPP!?"
I got several responses from friends saying things such as:
- "blogspot is my favorite! i have a blogspot blog, and i have tried all of them.. I find it the easiest to use."- "Blogger! There are tons of templates etc you can download and what not!"
- "I haven't used wordpress... blogger is super easy. and you could set it up so that everyone in your class is an author."
Those three comments sealed the deal for me! I see how social networking can be beneficial to gaining awareness of useful programs and sites!
A Little About Me...A Personal Timeline
1981 - Born
1990ish - decided I wanted to be a teacher when I grew up
1999 - graduated high school with distinction and entered into the Faculty of Education at the University of Regina
2003 - convocated with a Bachelor of Elementary Educationand after 4 months of subbing got my first temporary contract
2004 - Got married in Mayan Riviera, Mexico
2007 - got permanent contract with Regina Public Schools
2009 - transferred into teacher-librarian position
2010 - started Masters of Education, Teacher-Librarian, Distance Learning
Although I posses the basic skills to survive in our ever-changing technologically-based world, I require the motivation to keep learning. I tend to catch on quickly. Watch me grow and learn!
I don't know who's going to read my blog. I suppose that is an irrelevant thought. I will think of this like an educational diary, in which I post thoughts, ideas, plans and questions about anything and everything educational. This is a place to analyze, reflect, evaluate and question, so if I have readers, FABULOUS! The more the merrier. Feel free to comment anytime!
I don't know who's going to read my blog. I suppose that is an irrelevant thought. I will think of this like an educational diary, in which I post thoughts, ideas, plans and questions about anything and everything educational. This is a place to analyze, reflect, evaluate and question, so if I have readers, FABULOUS! The more the merrier. Feel free to comment anytime!
Hi Pam,
ReplyDeleteI love the background of your blog and find it easy to read and visually appealing. I like your introduction and also your blog about phone books. My husband and I have a race (often) while he tries to find the info online. I win more often and still like my phone book - or at least the yellow pages.
A nice start. Try to find that hook - theme, image, metaphor for your blogs. I find it helps the reader get in and stay reading.